9 Jun 2012

Learning Hangul!

For the last few days, Azeema and I had started a new fun, fun activity together, to strengthen our bond as sisters lulz. I registered for this amazing 'Learn Korean As Your Second Language! - It's Fun, Quick And Amazing - The Best One On The Net!' course and heck yeah, we spent hours in front of Mum's laptop watching the videos while exclaiming 'Butahamnida~!' or 'Tomato joseyoo~' now and then.

Hangul characters are surprisingly easy to remember, but the pronounciation are a bit difficult for us that are used to the usual alphabets. There are less consonants and vowels to remember, but the hard part is actually becoming fluent in reading the sentence. I truly felt like a little five-years-old that had just started to read, needing to spell out the letters first before fully grasping the word, THEN the sentence. Not to mention our 'high level of expertise' in Korean vocabulary that really helped.

I guess this is part of my plan to try to forget my disappointment for not taking the course that enables me to further my studies in Korea. Oh well~

No comments:

Post a Comment