24 Mar 2013

The Battle of The Coolest Magazine

So Teacher Azizah had organized a magazine-making (is that even a legit term) contest between the IB classes and BT83 is pretty excited about it. I, of course, volunteered to design the cover for our class's magazine, and here's what I got after literally squeezing my brain for ideas and inspiration.


I'm pretty happy with the final result, though my classmates had yet to give any response to it. Oh well.

I didn't expect that I have to conduct a research on how to design a magazine cover, and I actually learnt a lot, even now knowing terms such as masthead and... yep, just that. Masthead. Refers to the name of the magazine that you're publishing, and it took me the longest time trying to decide the font, design, colour and such. It's definitely a lot harder that I thought but I settled on 'Onna', which means 'woman' (or women) in Japanese. 

So right now I'm preparing to start on my sis's poster, which is a pretty exciting project for me. Cause it's my sister and everything, and there's no way I'm going to flunk this one. Just wait sis, I'll make you a poster that will blow your heart away. Muahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment