18 Dec 2011

JENESYS : A Year Later

This month marks the one-year anniversary of my JENESYS experience. So far, it had been one of the wildest adventure I had ever been, exploring the nook and crook of my favourite Japan for two weeks. Here's two fun facts : it was for free and no parents are allowed.

me hugging a cherry blossom tree (sad that it wasn't spring)
with friends from indonesia and philippines
 A year later, where am I? Still, there is no reunion planned for all 56 Malaysians that went on the programme. I still try to be as active as possible volunteering in AFS programmes, though.


AFS dinner at Grand Margherita Hotel

a small reunion by themselves, at Midvalley. Humph.
I would say that the relationship that I had with my fellow AFSers is kind of special. We ventured into a strange country with a total different culture and language from Malaysia and two weeks had created a bond that can last into a lifetime.

I really wish we will have a reunion soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment