17 Jun 2015

first ramadhan in york

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.

I'm nervous. 

Tomorrow is our first day of Ramadhan, and I'm not going through it at the comfort of my home, but here in York. Raihan's flight back to Malaysia was yesterday and I envy her so much. It was unfortunate that Chemistry department still had lots going on till this week, and I'm going to have my end of the term supervisor meeting with Peter tomorrow. So Namys and I literally just can't go back yet. Poor Alia though. She's practically done, but her flight's on the same day as ours though hers is a bit earlier than our flights.

This will be the first time for me to fast for 17 hours. It was frightening to think about, but when isn't it something that the Muslims here in UK had been going through for their lifetime? They're admirable; those Muslims living in UK. Now I appreciate Malaysia even more gosh.

I haven't started packing yet although my flight is in five days time. Namys is practically done with hers, ages ago, and Alia had started to pack yesterday. And for some reason, going back home terrifies and excites me at the same. Will things still be the same? 


No comments:

Post a Comment