2 Apr 2017

the end is near

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.

I can't believe that it had been more than a year since my last post. A lot had happened and I'm now in my third year of this undergrad journey. I'd submitted my fyp (final year project) report and am currently on Easter break. Alia and Namys are currently in London attending career fair and interviews whilst Raihan and I are stuck in York for now.

So yesterday we decided to take a walk around the Museum Garden while having some ice cream, and coincidentally we met three girls from Sheffield. We started talking to them and ended up taking them around York, showing them the cute Crumbs Cupcakery and the delicious milkshakes from Milkshack. The cool thing is they invited us to hang out with them in Sheffield and to show us the abundant foodddd that they have! Raihan and I might visit Sheffield next week insyaAllah!

My final exam is around next month and I can't believe that how fast time flies. It feels like yesterday I had just arrived in York and we were staying at that Kexby house. Now we are all third years worrying about our future, while living at Hull road next to our in-constant-drunkenness landlady Mrs. Kelly. I met a lot of amazing people in UK and gained a lot of beautiful experience here. The happiness, sadness, feeling of frustration, anger, joy; everything was mashed up into this whirlpool of adventure that I cherished and won't forget. I still have two months left to hold the title of a 'student', and I will most definitely miss it. But for now, I am excited to step into the next stage in life, the career life. 

York might not be the optimum city for a student to live in (bloody expensive, and halal food is a privilege), but I definitely love it. It is definitely beautiful and amazing, especially if the weather is sunny. The buildings are gorgeously vintage and the people are kind. I will definitely miss the bus system here, the grocery delivery and Poundland shop. My last winter here (for now) had been amazing, and I will miss the gorgeous winter attire. The coats, boots and scarves are sooo cute! 

It is not the end yet but I am already starting to say goodbye. I am still here but I am already missing this place. The next journey is exciting but terrifying, and I am ready to move on but the comfort of the current familiar routine beckons me to stay. All in all, life goes on and I guess there is no point in holding on to the shadow of memories when the adventure continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment